Sunday, May 18, 2014

I've been a bad blogger... Some Odd Girl Cards

I've been a terrible blogger lately! I've not crafted much recently, as my week of prac ended and I went to visit my parents, and head to Sydney with my big sis, to see The Lion King and check out Madame Tussauds
This is us, giving Iron Man some love ;)
Anyway, I have a couple of cards to share (which are all up in my madeit, and etsy stores)... 
Here we go...
This card was a special request, for a friend, who wants to send the card to her best friend, who was complaining, he'll never get a "Congratulations, you're married" or "Congrats on your baby card", so, he'd like one with this sentiment - "Congratulations - You're Gay!" 
I used patterned paper from Kaisercraft, and a digital stamp, from Some Odd Girl, coloured using my Spectrum Noir Markers. Embellishments include resin flowers, a bow and a glitter heart (diecut from Lawn Fawn) 
Close up - 

This one was made using the Deconstructing Jen Sketch #115 as inspiration. I'm also linking this card to the Some Odd Girl Linky Party (well both actually)
This one, I made to go straight into my store - 
I started by selecting papers from Teresa Collins and My Minds Eye, and colouring up Mae from Some Odd Girl, I used the colour palette of the papers, to determine my colouring. I decided to add a gold glitter feather (die-cut from MFT) and a wooden Prima feather, I also used a trio of resin flowers and some gold sequins. The sentiment for this one, is from Simon Says Stamp. I'm linking this one up to Friday Sketch challenge, and the Simon Says Stamp - Die-cut Crazy challenge

3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    What a lovely card. Nice colors. Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketch and good luck.

    hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you joined the May Linky Party at Some Odd Girl. You have been busy creating and both cards ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess, Both of them rock!! I know I told you on FB but I love your style and what you make!!! THanks for sharing it also on the linky party!!!

    ReplyDelete