Monday, September 3, 2012

Father's Day Card 2012 - Feeling Sketchy

Hi guys! It's that time of the week again! Time for my Feeling Sketchy post! This week is the start of a new month, which means, we've got a new sponsor!!! Welcome to Sassy Scrapper! They have some seriously drool worthy stuff in their store, with flat rate shipping of $6.95, I suggest you go check them out!
Sassy Scrapper
Anyway, this weeks sketch was perfect for a Father's Day card -
F-Sketchy 23
And here is my card - 
I downloaded a drawing of my dad's favourite car, and edited it in gimp to add my sentiment, I then printed it out on to white cardstock and cut it out using my dies. The patterned paper is from My Minds Eye, and went perfectly with the 'car' theme. I used ribbon from Ribbon Carousel, Woven Diamond Ombre Ribbon and tied a bow. It looked a little plain, so I got a hat pin out, and made a flag using patterned paper and hot glued it into place. The car itself got a liberal lot of Crystal Effects and the card base was stamped with the 'Worn' stamp by SU!
Overall, I'm happy with how this card turned out, masculine cards can be a bit trial and error. 
Thanks so much for joining me back this week... Don't forget to link up your entries at Feeling Sketchy

1 comment: