Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Greeting Farm - Creeper Crew Lula and I create a Teen Birthday Card

Wooh! I got into the craft area today, and managed to craft! Are you all pleased to see me back? :P I got some mojo together to create this card, and just between you and me, I love it!
I really like this Greeting Farm Creeper Crew Lula, but rarely pull her out to use... I don't know why, because I actually really love her! I stamped her on white cardstock and with my Basic Gray Stampin' Write Marker scribbled on a piece of Acetate and picked up colour using my trusty blender pen and spread the colour that way. It is a great way to get 'washed out' colours, as opposed to my usually more vibrant colouring which is done on Canson Watercolour paper. I used the same method for her headband which is coloured in More Mustard. I used a black card base, layered up with Polka Dot patterned paper from Echo Park *swoon* and cut out a piece of white card using my newest toy that arrived yesterday, the Stampin' Up! Edgelit dies. I cut, and embossed the white piece, and trimmed it down to size before stamping my sentiment (which is a no name one) in More Mustard ink, I layered it all together with the last of this pretty ribbon and tied a big old bow on it. 
I am entering this into three challenges, the first is the iSpy Sketches sketch, which I loved as soon as I spotted it! Next up is The Play Date Cafe black, white and a splash of Mustard Yellow, and finally the Farm Fresh Friday, Black, White and 1 other challenge. 

4 comments:

  1. Super cute card Jess! Love Lula with the splash of yellow head band! Thanks for joining us this week at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute and a little bit sassy, Jess ;)! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card! It's perfect. :)

    Luvs,
    Annie Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the grey and black with a punch of mustard! Awesome card! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at iSpy Sketches :D

    ReplyDelete