Thursday, February 2, 2012

Stampin' Up! Tempting Turquoise Embossing Powder to decorate Chipboard.

I have to admit, I buy things thinking "oh yeah, I'll use that..." and then they collect dust for ages! Three of the items on this layout are like that... First is the Tempting Turquoise Embossing Powder, then the Fabric from Stampin' Up! And, finally the chipboard. I bought a bunch of Chipboard a while back, with all good intentions, but I really struggle to use it! Anyway, onto the page
So, I used some patterned paper as the background for this (This is a momentous occasion! You should notice I don't usually use a whole page of patterned paper, Ever!) I think it is from Kaisercraft Seaside Collection. I lined up where all my photos needed to go, added some Real Red Patterned Paper (DSP Brights Stack), and the sat with my chipboard embellishment, thinking what to do... I came up with this- 

Smooshed (technical) my VersaMark ink pad all over this chipboard swirl and piled on the Tempting Turquoise embossing powder, and then heat set it. I put it onto the layout, and felt it was missing something, so with some tiny flat back self cover buttons, and Stampin' Up! Designer Series Fabric, I made some embellishments. I also made one a bit bigger and stuck it on too. Then, it came to a title... I think my nephew is just the cutest little guy on the planet, and he will be breaking girls hearts in no time.... So, that's what my title is all about... I used inspiration from Mariah Carey's song Heartbreaker, for this layout (so I can enter it into the Daring You to Scrap Challenge) I'm also entering this into the Anything Goes Challenge at DYSU Challenge Blog
Thanks for popping by!

4 comments:

  1. Looks Great Jess!!! only a few hundred pictures to go...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout and that flourish looks lovely.
    Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

    ReplyDelete