Thursday, February 9, 2012

My Minds Eye Paper Pad paired with some pretty roses and Coral Ribbon and I create a Birthday Card

Hi guys! I created this card last night, and because it was getting super late, decided I'd post it today... I got distracted, but here it is!
I started off going through the My Minds Eye papers, trying to decide which one I wanted to use. I settled on this one, as I was also keen to use some scrap card I had left over from a workshop I did. The card base is Stampin' Up! Always Artichoke and layered the paper down on top. I then used some gorgeous 5/8" Coral Satin Grosgrain Double Band Ribbon from The Ribbon Carousel, as luck would have it, it matched perfectly to the flowers on the My Minds Eye paper! I then cut out a Spellbinders Nestabilities Label in Always Artichoke and a Oval in Whisper White. The sentiment is one from an unnamed stamp I bought a while back, that hasn't seen nearly enough love, and was stamped in Stampin' Up!'s Calypso Coral. I added three little white roses (which are from D-Lish Scraps
I am entering this into the Ribbon Carousel Anything Goes challenge and the Tuesday Morning Sketches challenge, which I followed fairly loosely. I couldn't get the 'tickets' to work for me, so I omitted them from my design... 
Thanks for stopping by!
Jess

4 comments:

  1. Oh Jess, this is lovely! The ribbon is gorgeous and the simple sentiment focal point is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, Jess. The color combo is beautiful. Love the sentiment as the main image. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! The ribbon treatment is gorgeous! Sweet little flowers on the side, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jess, what a lovely card. I like when sentiments are the main focus. Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete