Sunday, February 19, 2012

GorJuss and I create monochrome with a 'pop' of colour

Hi guys!
I'm back again to share a card with you all, as well as some news. Two of my cards last week were mentioned as honourable mentions :) I'm a little bit excited! This one and this one for the Ribbon Carousel and the Play Date Cafe. I had a play with their challenges again this week....
A fairly simple card for me... I used a black card base, which is layered with a white card base with a bunch of machine stitching all around it. The patterned paper is from Echo Park, For the Record collection. I added a white satin ribbon with a pink button. The Gorjuss stamp is watercoloured using my Stampin' Write Markers and a blender pen, in Basic Black, Basic Grey, Sahara Sand, Melon Mambo and Blush Blossom. I added three little black rhinestones and a sentiment from Hero Arts. 
I am entering this into the Ribbon Carousel Sketch Challenge, and also the Play Date Cafe, black, white and hot pink colour challenge. 
Thanks for popping by!

7 comments:

  1. What a beauty Jess, I like the stamp you've used, that is a pretty one! This works out fantistic with the colors.

    Love from The Netherlands,
    Leintje*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Ribbon Carousel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stamp you used. Beautiful card in monochrome. :)

    android application developers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess this is so gorgeous!!! I love the colouring and the simple layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome card Jess, just love your colouring and that image!

    Love the ribbon and button and the hot pink against the black and white!

    Fabbby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your honorable mentions, Jess! Whoo hoo!

    I like the stitching around your sweet girl image, and the way you've colored her.

    Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww, what a lovely and gorgeous card it is! i love your idea and the colors are just great!
    quality website design

    ReplyDelete